This won’t be a super big update, but I wanted to fill you all in on a few things that I’ve been working on since the last update.
- I’m working on having a schedule for various things, in case you haven’t noticed. A featured article each month, a fan selection each month, and some random weeby stuff each month. While it’s fantastic in theory, it is heavily dependent on my work schedule and general list of responsibilities elsewhere. With COVID-19 continuing to impact us, that isn’t exactly a problem, but as we begin to move into the phase of returning to our work places, that may become difficult.
- I’ve been working on a means to move said weeby stuff off of the site so that I can more easily sift through stuff. I have hobbies other than history and weapons, but periodically I do find the need to watch some TV or play a video game or two. I may employ publishers if I actually do that, but we’ll see.
- Now that I’ve implemented a tooltip system (have you seen it? Hover over “USAF” to see), I will probably be including a few more references in the main-stage featured articles. Keep this in mind when you’re browsing through the content, and keep a look out for subtle changes in text that now include references.
- You remember I taunted you all with exciting RIA related stuff last month? I’m doing it again. It’s coming mid-next month. You should be excited.
- On a similar note, we may start streaming soon. What? I dunno. Wait and see.
- Lastly, as I mentioned, we are beginning to see signals of a slight shift back to normal. When I picked things up on this site and started running with them we were just moving into COVID’s grasp. So this site has really not known normal yet, in it’s current incarnation. For that reason, I ask for patience as the situation evolves.
I have received a lot of information from people to write up on and look through. Some of this has been on Discord, some has been on Facebook, some has been via Email. If I haven’t gotten back to you yet, or haven’t said much on anything yet, please know it is not because I’m ignoring you or did not see it. There’s tons of stuff I’m sifting through right now, and it has only been growing.
Now, to test where my demographics are reaching:
Bob, if you’re reading this, I am very disappointed that I have not received a new Jeanne d’Arc conspiracy theory. Greg, if you’re reading this, a drone is a plane and a plane can be a drone. John, I’m still researching that M1 Garand and trying not to drool over it. And lastly, Faye et al, if for some reason you find this update the only thing I have to say to you is: cheese.
Anyhow, that’s all for this update.